Zeigeist: Division Six
Every game, every GM has unique rules and I am no exception. Some of the rules below exist to help enforce the theme of Zeitgeist, others to resolve complications that have arose in prior games, are missing from the pathfinder rules, or are needed supersede pathfinder rules for any other reason.
- Alchemist Formulae are not learned from spell books or scrolls, but can learned from potions same way a wizard does scrolls. Use craft(alchemy) to learn Formulae, not Spellcraft.
- All things Eastern become all things elfin and are available for play.
- The alchemist archetype Vivisectionist is allowed even though banned in PFS.
- Bladebound Magus must take the Heirloom Weapon trait . They start play with their black blade, it just functions as a normal sword until 3rd level when it becomes sentient. Katana is the common weapon of choice.
- As per the PFS rules, there is no crafting. PFS day job checks for characters with ranks in crafting, professions, and performance will rolled at the end of each session to reflect hobbies and such.
- Early Firearms are designed "Guns Everywhere". Advanced Firearms are designated as "Commonplace Guns". The gunslinger class loses the gunsmith class feature and instead gains the gun training class feature at 1st level to reflect the proliferation of firearms of all types.
- Natural Armor bonus apply to the "Touch AC" of all firearms.
- Awesome Display oracle revelation can be used once per day, plus one additional time per day for every five oracle levels you possess, the same as many other starting oracle revelations.
- Druids can wear Horn & Leather Lamellar without penalties. They can also wear Do-maru if they don't mind being mistaken for an Elfaivar. Constables with any pride do not wear Hide armor.
- Lawful characters gain the Deep Pockets ability, as per the Pathfinder Chronicler class using half (round up) their character level as their Pathfinder Chronicler level.
- For the ease of game play, Experimental Strike theme will use the rules for Improved Dirty Trick Combat.
- Hit Point Retraining will not be used, but all other retraining (PF:UltCamp) is available. In addition to the GP cost, players have to spent 1 prestige for each GP incurred as per PFS society play rules.
- The Investigator archetype, Psychic Detective, is allowed, but uses the sorcerer/wizard spell list and not those of the psychic. They are prohibited from casting Evocation and Necromancy spells even if gained from another class. Psychic Meddler is changed to a +1 bonus to saves against arcane spells and spell-like abilities (becoming Arcane Meddler). The phrenic points of Phrenic Dabbler are replaced with an Arcane Reservoir (becoming Arcane Dabbler) equal to half their Investigator level. The one phrenic amplification is replaced with one Arcanist Exploit. They can select the Extra Reservoir feat as a discovery, and she can select an Extra Arcanist Exploit once as a discovery. The can cast their Investigator spells while wearing light armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. A multiclass Investigator still incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells received from other classes.